View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 05:02 AM
Tolelady53

As I've mentioned a couple of other places on this board, I am recovering from surgery and chemotherapy (no cancer...just preventative...doing great...thanks for asking), and if you are not aware of the "side effects" of chemo there is such a thing called "chemo fog." Literally, sometimes you feel as though you are walking in a fog...diminished vision, very short attention span...I would find myself wondering..."what's a nice girl like me doing in a place like this...where ever I am?"

Anyway, I have a few customers I do quilting for on my mid-arm (Pennywinkle) quilting machine, and I had a customer's baby quilt that I needed a to get out and wanted to do something different that just an overall design. So, through the fog...woohoo!...I came up with the following design process (for me it's new...forgive me if it's been discussed here a thousand times) to develop a design for the quilt.

I began by taking a picture of the blocks, printed it out on 8.5x11 paper and inserted it in a plastic sheet protector.

Then I used an erasble marker and sketched my designs. If I didn't like them, I could just wipe them off.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118891[/ATTACH]

Then I displayed the design on my white board near my quilting maching and began to quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118892[/ATTACH]

And this is the final production, I hope you can see the design...this is my first time to try this.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118893[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-118885.jpe   attachment-118886.jpe   attachment-118887.jpe   attachment-118888.jpe