Thread: D9P
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 10:47 AM
deema

Ok...I'm trying to sort this out in my mind, but it's just not working. I'm making a D9P for my mom for Christmas (bah, I will be, still in the planning stages, haven't even begun cutting yet...hope it's done in time. Anyway...) The focus print is trees, and I don't want half of them getting flipped upside down in the process...

I was planning to cut all of the strips, sew them and cut for the blocks (so when I cut, it will be three of nine), then sew the three 3's together to get my nine patch...but is there a way to sew the strips so that my focus print doesn't end up upside down when I flip? Or will I have to cut and sew each square individually?

Just thinking out loud here...my top right and bottom left will be the squares I flip for the pattern...I can't sew my strips for three in a row, I have to sew them for three in a column (top to bottom, not left to right), right? So my top strip is right side up for the first column, bottom strip upside down...then the same in the strips for the third column, top upside down, bottom right side up?...so then I'd sew the three together, cut in quarters, and flip the upside down top right so that it's right side up and the same for the bottom left...yes...? Please tell me if I'm thinking this through properly...? :)