View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 11:40 PM
quilterella

This is not meant to upset any of our wonderful Longarmers on this board, but, I have a problem. Took a kingsize quilt to Longarmer last year and asked for all over leaf and vine pattern. No problem she says, gives me the price and says I can have it in three weeks. Great! Well, she calls and tells me to pick up the quilt and says I'm only going to charge $250.00 (a favour). Quilt was in the bag and she was on her way out the door...So I paid her and left. Got home, took out quilt and it's not done. Note inside states - poor fabric, poor construction blah,blah,blah.
Two of mine friends are in total disbelief (one is a longarmer) and we start picking out all the quilting (approx 2/3 had been quilted). Anyway, the problem is this, the quilt is terribly stretched on oneside, I've started quilting it on my Janome 6600, but, you can see it has been stretched. My longarm friend says to finish it, lots of quilting should hide the distortion.
Now that I've written a book here, any other suggestions? I had made this for my daughter and she just loves it. Alot of time, energy and money has gone into this one! HELP!!!