View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 05:20 AM
patchy-at-best

hi everyone!!!..

ok, so it bites that i haven't yet had the patience to work out how to post pics on here..but i will..takes a while (i'm an old dog, thats a new trick etc)......

whinge first..my back hurts!!!!!..done..

i spent 4 whole days and nights moving all my sewing stuff from the small back room (which was really a fat hallway with 2 many doors coming off it) to the sunroom at the front of the house..also with a few too many doors but ones i could block off..mostly..

and i have to say..i truly am a legend..you're all welcome to jump on a plane and come over to see for yourselves, but yep, i have impressed the daylights out of myself..

bought myself the new janome horizon and the nice man threw in the table also, so the princess sunk into her horn cabinet for the very last time and they disappeared downstairs to be sold..gee i hated that machine..i have for the 12 yrs i owned her, dressmaker, patchworker, you name it, that machine taught me to swear like a truckie..it also stopped me enjoying sewing..

the horizon is better than.........chocolate..i love her..and my 'studio' (named by a male friend who was also suitably impressed and thought 'sewing room' didnt do it justice) is pure magic..i have big shelves, and a big cupboard, a huge 4ft square cutting table on high legs coz im really tall, a long table to set up my second machine and overlocker at a 45 degree angle to my horizon, my treadle for decoration, my lightbox, and drawers and baskets and tubs and and and and...okay, i spoilt myself..

yes, i can hear you..you want pics..sigh..is there somewhere on this site with a tutorial for posting pics?..coz i really want to share..

this has been many years coming, and as a designer/teacher i spend alot of time in there..no guilt!!..i used to just have the kitchen table between meals..anyone else want to share their 'spaces'?..

huggs..pami in australia :)