Old 11-05-2010, 05:45 AM
moonangel12

I found this idea for a scrappy trip around the world:
http://www.quiltville.com/scrappytrips.shtml

I am planning on doing a scrappy quilt for DH and I for our king size (!!!) bed. I started leaning towards a string quilt, but then remembered (duh!) that I wanted squares so I could do a story quilt of sorts (we have been together since high school - long distance the first 3 years - and have defied the odds. We both love family history so we thought it would be a neat way to keep our own family story together). I started thinking trip around the world, but knew if I had to piece every single one of those squares I would go mad and never finish (I'm very much ADD and impatient). The strip/tube piecing looks fun and interesting! Plus it wouldn't take nearly as much time which is always a plus for me. Anyone done one before? Is it as easy as it looks? Wanna share pics?? ;) I'm going to probably make each strip/block a little bigger so that it will give me more room for hand quilting our 'story'. I will most likely just tie it at first, but we'll see... maybe SITD? I've been trying to decide on a pattern for a couple years now and am getting close to actually getting started! :lol: