View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 05:56 AM
cdobbert40

I have made 5 toppers and have started quilting 2. The first one I put aside and and am just about done with the 2nd. I laid down the backing made sure it was pressed and wrinkle free, put the batting on top, smoothed that all out making sure the backing stayed smooth and did not pucker anywhere, put the top on smoothed that out, pin based it with pins approx every two inches, starting from the center and working out to the ends, quilting the same way from the center and out, but as I quilt, the backing did not stay smooth and now I have BIG puckers. I have ripped out the quilting in the that area and will redo it but don't want to rip out a second time.

I don't have a camera to take a picture and show, but the quilt has 12 large 8X8 blocks which I machine quilted first and now I am working on the first outside border which is 4" wide, this is where the trouble is. I am doing a top stitch on a diagnal working from the inside out, so it's like all the material went to one side and at the last three diagnals there is to much material. If I can borrow my sister in laws camera I will post pictures to better explain.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.