View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 07:18 PM
PMY in QCA-IL

Just got my Dec. - Jan. Quilters Newsletter. A letter to the editor really tore into QN for not including the pattern for the cover quilt from the Aug. - Sept. issue. I don't think this person really knew what QN is about. Apparently she must be used to buying quilt magazines that are pattern oriented, so she was very disappointed - calling QN deceitful. She threatened to notify her "extensive group of blog readers and several online groups that I manage" of the deceitful practices of QN. What really bothered me was that she accused them of false advertising and threatened to report them to the BBB and the "appropriate agency that handles misleading the consumer." Wow, what a to-do about HER mistake!!
I personally have subscribed to QN for over 25 years and really appreciate all the NEWS about all aspects of the quilting world it brings with every issue. Any technical information or patterns QN includes are also appreciated, but if I want just patterns, there are many pattern oriented magazines out there too. What do you ladies (and gentlemen!) think about this?