Old 11-05-2010, 08:08 PM
tazama

I love the idea of this method. I am just getting ready to do a quilt called Annie's Choice which is all half square triangles. The directions are as follows for the HST - Stack your two strips of fabric, with right sides together and all edges aligned. Mark the 3-7/8" squares and then mark the diagonals in the direction shown. Sew a SCANT 1/4" away from the marked diagonal lines, starting in the upper left corner and sewing in one continuous seam to the upper right corner. Then pivot it and sew back the other way on the other side of the line. Now cut this apart ON the marked diagonals and at the 3-7/8" square marks. This will give you sixteen half squares. Press seam allowances towards darker fabric. Trim to measure 3-1/2" if needed. Ok, my question is: can I use the method y'all are explaining here or do I need to follow the directions given? If I do like y'all are doing then do I need to cut my fabric different or can I still cut in the strips the indicate at the 3 7/8ths and still get the needed 3 1/2" finished size? Would be awesome to be able to do it the way explained in your tutorial if possible.