View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Gwyn

Some of you are very wise. I have 2 cabinets with glass doors and a bunch of clear plastic cube containers. I have found works in progress fit really well and look put away when stored in those new zippered plastic covers that sheets and blankets come it. I put dolls in large ziploc bags when they are in process. each bag is tied to the arm of the doll it goes with. I have also scheduling my projects so I don't get all caught up in new things and partly done projects.

For scraps that are too small for me to use (remember, I don't see very well) I keep a priority box taped to the side of my sewing table. I put the scraps in the box, when it is full, I offer it on this forum and pick a new box.

Also, I cut the next day's projects during the night when it is quiet. I clean up and go to bed. I love getting up to a cleaned table with all my projects set up ready to go.

It isn't perfect, but I now have my book shelves with glass doors set up like a rainbow. It seriously looks like the back wall of JoAnn's and I love it.

I've decided to look for a small vacuum to use in my sewing room. One with a small hose end that will fit around my machine and iron and little stuff without knocking things over.

Keep after it ladies. We win this fight 15 min at a time.