Old 11-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Honchey

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
Originally Posted by janRN
Wow-I'm in awe. These all look so great.
Okay-I'm posting mine but I need a HUGE favor. I'm a solitary person, no guild, classes, or friends that are quilters. I need feed-back: not just like my friends say "oh how pretty". I really want someone to tell me what's right or wrong about my blocks. I'm okay technically (cutting, sewing, piecing) but I'm color-challenged. Esp since this is the first time I've done scrappy. Is there too much of one color? Not enough of a color? PLEASE-be brutally honest. You guys are the reason I signed up for this challenge--I need feedback from quilters. I keep a notebook by my computer so I can write down what your blocks are like and I'm really learning a lot. PLEASE-if you don't feel comfortable criticizing here, send me a PM but please be honest. I value your help and insight.
Peace-Jan
I love your blocks and they are going to be beautiful in a quilt. The contrast in each block is excellent.

My suggestion is that most of your blocks are in the same tone and the blue and bright red stand out and draw your eye immediately. Doing some blocks in brighter colors will help make that block be more unified with others. I think more purple also.
Hi JanRN, my thoughts exactly, I would add more bright shades of the primary colors and definitely more purple. Anne