Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 11:26 AM
lin

I just stumbled upon your site using google and I'm thrilled to have found you. You look like a wonderful group to interact with! It didn't take much reading to see that I'll enjoy reading more and hopefully participating whenever I get the chance.

I've been a quilter for 15 years and have just recently (in the last year or two) ventured into machine quilting. I got a new Juki awhile back and I'm loving it!! I was mq-ing on my mom's 50yrold Necchi and it was ok, but this new machine has a wider throat area, it's stitches are more consistant and boy!...can it stitch fast!

I still do some hand quilting, but I'd never be F*****ed (lol) with all the quilt tops I've made if I did it all by hand. I'm proud to tell you all that one of the quilts that I hand-quilted for a friend has recently been chosen by a juried panel to hang in our State Capitol's museum for six months!! The show hasn't taken place yet, so it hasn't won any ribbons (yet) but hopefully it will. I did recieve a blue ribbon for the quilting at a show in Missouri last year. I was thrilled.

Seems everyone I know is either getting married or having a baby this month, so I'm fairly busy getting quilts out the door, but hopefully I'll be able to spend some time on here. Looks like I have a lot to catch up on. :wink:

lin