Thread: Growing Older
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 04:16 PM
watterstide

Amen girlfriend!
today, i showed up at the grandsons soccer game, with a warm raggedy old quilt, my DD looked at me like i was from the moon.. "MOM, that blanket is disgusting,it is rupped, and has dog hairs on it! i will buy you a new one for Christmas"
ROFL! i told her i was to old to worry about what i looked like wrapped up in a old, well loved quilt" I also told her to wise up and not waste years on worry about such silly stuff.
Then i had a family baby shower..to attend. at 12 noon, "the outlaws" wanted to turn on the tv at the hall,to watch the U of M game..they voted me to be the one to turn it on..LOL! :shock:
your so right, it is so freeing to be old and not really give a hoot anymore. i wore my swim suit in texas at the community pool, my son said it looked nice on me.. :roll:
but i know i am a chubby redhead,that has seen better days! but gosh it was nice to hear him say such loving words!

i think i will copy and paste your words..and print it up, and live by it! Blessing my quilty friend..who always has a laugh for us!