View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 09:19 AM
mommaB

I quit 6/1/07 after 30 years of the stench and expense. I had my Dr. prescibe Chantix and it worked like a dream. I have stopped before cold turkey, I never smoked when I was pregnant, but now both my kids smoke, and my mom and sister died of lung cancer. Yeah, I know, you think the 1st death would have been enough to make me realize how stupid I was. :cry: :cry: It was time to quit for good. Once in a while I want one, but only for about 5 min and the urge passes. And its true, when you are smoking you have no idea how much it stinks. But boy, does it ever reek :shock: :shock: :shock: And let's see..$5-10 per day on smokes times 7 days a week is up to $70 a week :shock: :shock: That's a heck of a lot of fabric in anyone's book :P :P
Stay strong, learn to speak up for yourself- (Honey, if you're going to smoke that OK, but please not near me). If you gain a few pounds (which I did), well its much easier to lose weight than fight cancer.

Best of luck to you, get on this forum if you need some support, we're here..every day, and darn near every minute!!

Mary