View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 04:50 PM
zzzGP
Banned

Hello everyone. This is a 'great' forum. I've been lurking for the last 3-4 weeks and have learned so much already. I'm impressed with the attitude of the members...so gracious.

Just a short bio; I am a new GrandPa as my name implies and it's great! Also, I am retired due to some neurological stuff similar to MS/ALS, it's really neither...but it's hard to explain. But... I'm not letting being wheelchair disabled stop me. Moving on...

I've been looking for something to do and decided to explore quilting when our daughter gave us a learner machine, a Brother XL3750. It's really good for me to learn and will do a lot except FMQ. I have been practicing on small things and just finished my first top for a lap quilt. I can't wait to get it finished and quilted. I'll make a photo when it's done. Quilting is FUN...and addictive. :-P :-P

One thing and it's a biggie I'm sure you all are familiar with and that's building my stash. I didn't know fabric was so expensive! That will slow me down for sure but all in time. Any hints on building my stash would be appreciated.

So, here I am and loving it and I hope to be a productive member!

My regards to all...
GrandPa