Old 11-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Rosyhf

I don't buy into the commercial type of Christmas. I do what I feel in my heart and to me Christmas is a tradition and it was never commercialized way back when.

It was a Christmas tree and a few gifts and a grand supper. This is what I remember, this is what I have done for years. I only buy a few things for hubby and son and if we decide to buy son something special that he needs, like a labtop, we will do just that or tires for his car etc.

I always buy them both new underware, socks and a nice shirt or after shave or whatever. I don't go ballistic with shopping just because.

I give my friends gifts anytime during the year....that is, if I happen to be out and see something that I think one of my friends would like, I buy it....maybe I don't do that a lot, it's just when the opportunity arises.

I do put up a tree because I just love it. Hubby and I have our coffee by it in the mornings. I bake and cook and that is the season for me....when son comes to visit, his smile at the good smells is all I need.

I have been making Christmas quilts for the past years. I have made two kings for the two room and need to make one for the single bed. Then I want to make ones to fit on the two couches in the den. I alway keep a quit on those...Maybe I'll be able to do the couch quilts soon. I am trying to deplete my collection of christmas fabrics.