Old 11-06-2010, 06:34 PM
watterstide

Originally Posted by LindaM
Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
I would make a sandwich of scraps of your fabrics and just try a couple of stitches out. It may work out ok with that foot.
This is a fabulous idea - I made a little 'stitch sampler' on my Janome 6260 that I still use! Somehow the little graphic on the machine never looks like the actual stitch on fabric.

I took about an 8" strip, batting & back, stitched a sample of every decorative stitch on the machine.

It would also be a good thing to do the same in different stitch widths, regular and variegated thread, whatever variations you use in your projects!

I often use the decorative stitches in my quilt projects, really quite like the way it looks. Don't even have to stitch down a seam line - sometimes it works out better other places too.

i did the exact same thing! i have a potato chip clip on it, and it hangs behind my chair..! i always look at it!
course this place is alot of helps too! i needed to get a better satin stitch for applique, and someone jumped right in with the correct settings!