View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Country Quilter

I know I have mentioned in other posts that my MIL went into the Nursing home a few weeks back and told my sister to clean out her house and divvy up all the stuff....well, being the only one in the family that quilts I got all her sewing supplies and her machine, etc.... that was just the beginning! She also asked if I would tie and bind 8 quilts that she had the tops all done for the grandchildren so I said sure and they were brought over yesterday.

I had no idea what kind of quilt tops she had done ...I DID know that she loved to make polyester crazy quilts and hand embroider and embellish them... well even knowing that, I was still amazed when these were dropped off... here are two photos of the same quilt.. ..one on the bed laid out and a close up of just one of the squares.... the squares are 17 inches and she made each quilt with 4 squares across and 5 down so 20 squares in each quilt... each square has this beautiful hand embroidery work on them!

Knowing that she has 9 grandchildren I asked my sister if she never got around to making the 9th or what? Come to find out the 9th quilt is already completed.... it still amazes me that she did all of these quilts.. apprently within about a 5 year period according to the dates she has embroidered on them.

MIL's Polyester Quilt Square
[ATTACH=CONFIG]504[/ATTACH]

MIL's Polyester Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]505[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-504.jpe   attachment-505.jpe   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

image.jpg