Old 11-07-2010, 03:39 AM
bronnyb

This is destined to be my MIL christmas present.
My second finish this weekend!
The magazine showed it in red, and until I dragged out all my fabrics, was going to be made in christmas reds, but I changed my mind, partly because my MIL is not really a 'red' person and partly that I had oodles and oodles of greens left over from my Pine Tree quilt.
The pattern called for a 4" circle. I had no templates and had to make one. Did you know that the spindle from the very old green tupperware lettuce crisper, when traced onto cardboard, gives a 4" circle? Needs must.
A local curtain maker sells offcuts and sample panels for small change, and every time I walk past, cannot help but pick up one or several swatches, hoping that I will make something useful one day.
This cushion uses up two similar sample swatches. One is ivory, the other more an antique white, but they work a treat! You can just see the way I patched the back on the photo.
It's been over 20 years since I sewed a zip into anything and today I remember why. I must remember to replace my zipper foot for my machine. It's not the neatest, but it will do the trick. Next weekend, I'll run up a calico insert and stuff the cushion properly.
Thanks for looking.
I hope MIL will like it.

Suffolk Puff Cushion
[ATTACH=CONFIG]120157[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-120152.jpe