View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 03:55 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by dgsmom
i have a shitzu/chihuahua/poodle mix she will be 1 yr old in feb. when i first got her my other dog would push her away so we started calling her Go Away and she answers to it. but now everyone that meets her says i need to change her name what do you think?
I did a little checking here and I believe that once a dog has a name, it stays. You can improvise or embellish or shorten, but don't change her name. Spelling change is fine - which brings me to my checking here - GAUWEI - English for Once Again or afresh or all over again - pronounced go-way! So, once again you can start afresh or begin all over again - Gauwei! I have a quote from Martin Luther (known as the nailer of the 95 Theses, the first member of the Lutheran church) who said, "Be though comforted, Little Dog. Thou, too, in resurrection, shall have a Little Golden Tail." This leads me to believe that dogs are angels and instead of the halo we are going to be getting, they will be getting a "Little Golden Tail." Also, "God will prepare everthing for our perfect happiness in Heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe she'll be there." Billy Graham

Edie

PS - My Avatar - This is Miss Bess, Bess, Bessie, Bessie Mae, Roundhead (and that is when I am angry with her - I never use her name when I am angry with her, because her name means love to her), and her name is Miss Bess.