View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 04:30 AM
ranger

I do all mine from beginning to end. I now have 7 tops that need to be quilted. Why aren't they done, you ask? I can't stand the actual quilting and I can't afford to send them out. I WILL quilt them....but it will take a while to psych myself into it. I won't be making any new tops until those are quilted so I will soon have to get started...maybe tomorrow, right?

I do mostly queen-size quilts. I do Stitch in the ditch (SITD gives me problems...you'd never think that it would be so difficult to keep the stitch 'in the ditch'), some quilting around templates, fancy machine stitches and echo quilting, all on my small Brother machine. Wrestling big quilts through that little machine is doable but takes a long time. It was only last year that I got a walking foot..don't know how I did any quilting without it. I would love to do meandering. I can manage it on small pieces but big quilts give me trouble. Takes lots of practice to get it right.

Most of my quilts are for gifts or for myself. I make quilts because it gives me a creative outlet, and it makes me feel good to give them to others.

I do have my Postage Stamp one sandwiched, ready to go, so maybe I should head to the sewing area,(aka my dining room corner),and get started on the quilting.

Happy Quilting to all. Have a great day!!!