View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 05:31 AM
Japonica

Originally Posted by Carol's Quilts
When I was a freshman at Penn State (in 1958 !), the head football coach, Rip Engel (very famous, much loved and predecessor of Joe Paterno) came to our dorm, brought his blackboard and explained the game to all us girls, complete with diagrams and model plays, etc. I don't know of any other coach who ever did that. I learned to understand the game and I have been a fan ever since. Later, my husband thought it was really neat that I knew the game. Of course, as fate would have it, I ended up marrying a Pitt man, so every Saturday we had a war at our house!

My dad's enthusiasm for pro football rubbed off on me and, needless to say, I always have been and still am the biggest, most avid Pittsburgh Steelers fan. I get very emotional about the Steelers and, even though I live alone now, I never miss a game on TV, and I holler and cheer and pound the furniture and jump up and down and curse and cry and just get SO excited - all by myself! As much as I love sewing and quilting, it all has to wait until after the game!
Hey fellow "burger"!!! I absolutely love the Steelers!!!!
I get dressed in Steeler gear and yell and scream and pound furniture too! Have been to a few games in my life and that is just so intense and wonderful. Pgh. has the greatest fans in the world!!