Old 11-07-2010, 07:18 AM
weezie

Some comments from me to all of you:

I'm loving your First 25! They are all impressive.

Honchey, thank you so much for all you do.

grannyQ, I'm amazed at your wide selection of all shades of purple/lavender. It looks really good and quilt should be fairly easy to assemble with little or no color clashing. Jeanie, ditto on your lovely Christmas print blocks.

rwquilts ... your blocks look unreal, they are so perfect. Score for paper piecing skills! I am seriously directionally challenged (or whatever the term is), so paper piecing is NOT my friend. I am, I think, going to copycat your block #18. I don't like the original design + mine just seems to jump out at me from the quilt block picture ... and not in a good way.

If Laurie Aaron Hird happens to notice that I got her name wrong in this thread, I apologize. Getting people's names wrong is a pet peeve of mind ... I can't believe I did it!

And last, I am well aware of how much effort and creativity is required to construct each and every block. I am learning lots of "shortcuts" which is very gratifying. So I want to say that I think we each deserve a big pat on the back! (And, SandPat [hope you read this] ... you deserve a big pat on the back also for your very excellent Dear Jane.)