Thread: worn out
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 07:34 AM
mzsooz

What is interesting is I gave her a copy of the spoon theory a long time ago. Her DH has MS so I thought it would be useful for him too. I don't think she ever read it. She is funny that way.

I feel a bit better today but now have the added stress that my dad is in the hospital. To make a long story short...he fell and injured his hip (hip replacement one), head, and leg. Mom called the dr and she said put ice on it. Finally I convinced her to take him to the ER and they did a CT scan and said his head is fine, put heat on his leg and sent him home with nothing but pain meds.

Well, she just called me and he is in the hospital. The leg is horribly infected and he has gone septic. He is 80 and in very poor health. He has had numerous heart attacks and his heart is pumping at 25% of normal. His circulation is horrible. They found some cancer cells in a "fishing test" whatever that is. He needs to have a procedure done to find the cancer but the cardiologist says he can't have the procedure because his heart is so bad.

I'm so frustrated. They live in Colorado and I want to go be with mom but we only have one car running and I can't leave my family with one car. We are going for Thanksgiving so will just have to wait til then.

Sorry to burden you with my problems once again!