View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Julianna

I have been quilting since childhood with my Grandmother. I have sewn for my family, others, instructed in 4-H and Home Ec. classes (shame we don't have them anymore!)even costumes for church and our community theater. So I think I can do a bit of sewing. Anyway I decided to try a quilting class advertised "for all abilities and interests and lots of fun!". I did not even finish the 8 weeks. All the women there had very expensive machines and did not know how to thread them let alone sew a seam. All they talked about was their money, money and more money. I followed the directions, made friends with two other "poor seamstresses" and made the blocks. We were the only 3 out of 22 who did any sewing. The instructor and owner of the shop was always pushing us to buy her products. Well, enough complaining. My point here is 1 to warn others, 2 check out the classes before you pay the fee, 3 don't judge all classes by this horrible one in Nebraska, 4 do your own thing, 5 get help from the wonderful people on this site!