View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 05:13 PM
lazyquilter

I have the Bernina 630 w. the sofeware and the module, etc. I love it and while it was pricey, there are some that are even more so. That's my main machine, but I purchased a Pfaff Expression 3 and without all the embroidery, but it is just a totally wonderful quilting and sewing machine with so many design stitches. I did sell my serger, and did well and I took a part of that money and purchased a Jenome 2010. It's my lighter weight take to a friends or a class. It's my understanding that the top of the line Pfaff for embroidsery, quilting sewing and preforming surgery if needed is a well priced machine and worth every penny, ///but with so many in the group, you will have so much excellent information, it will make it must easier to compare pricing, classes, any machine care and so many other things that will come into play. Make a list of what you want it to do and make a list of your spending budget and a list of the various machines. After that you have a great start to what you really want to end up with as this will a machine that is going to last you a very long time. I would add one some thing, make sure that what you buy can be upgraded if need be. I'm sure someone can explain that better then I can. My Jemone, while I really like it, does not have the optional foot that I wanted so it's sometimes these little things that you don't hink about. And I am very happy for you.