Old 11-07-2010, 08:39 PM
lalaland

Originally Posted by everybody's mother
Now I'm scared, doing my first event on Nov. 20. I feel like canceling out. It is too hard to haul it in, set it up and then not sell anything. Maybe all my Christmas sewing is already done.
Don't be scared, and don't base your upcoming experience on mine, this was the 2nd time I had participated in this boutique and I knew it was "iffy", last year was so bad they refunded everyone's space rental money. I was willing to try it again because the circumstances had "success" written all over it, and a good friend who belongs to the organization was encouraging me to participate. But they didn't take advantage of the circumstances and it flopped. I won't go back a 3rd time because they obviously don't "get it".

Has this sale you are going to be in done well in the past? Have you heard good things about it? Are they already advertising? Did they give you flyers to pass out to your friends, family, coworkers? Do you know someone who has done it and spoke highly of it? These are all good signs.

I knew this boutique could go either way and I was willing to give it a chance. The space rent was very low and it only went for 5 hours, I sold more than anyone else so it wasn't a total disaster, but it could have been a monumental success had it been handled properly. Really a shame.