View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 06:30 AM
quiltnchik

Originally Posted by gaigai
I just purchased a Janome 7700 at the Quilt Fest yesterday. I immediately sat down to sew. It is an exceptional machine, and Boy does it sew well! UNLESS you are sewing more than two or four layers at a time. I LOVE to do OBW's, and in fact had one started, so that is what I have been sewing on since I got the machine yesterday. But this machine will NOT sew over the seams when joining the hex strip sets. I even went ahead and engaged the Accufeed, but even that doesn't do the trick, plus the Accufeed foot doesn't have a 1/4 inch foot. I never had this problem with my older cheap Janome. Since I love to do OBW's, I'm not inclined to have to fiddle and fuss over every single seam every time.

So, any suggestions, or am I going to be taking it back to the dealer for a refund this week?
I would return it for a refund, seriously. The reason I say this is because I have the exact same problem with my Janome 6600P - the 7700's precursor - and have never found a way to remedy it. It aggravates me because the "P" stands for "Professional" and, in my opinion, a professional machine should have a strong enough motor/feed dogs to go right over seams without a hitch; my Janome 4800 (much smaller machine) sews over anything, and it was half the price of the 6600P!