Old 11-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Lori L

Originally Posted by Leota
Originally Posted by candlequilter
This is OK Darla's center that cdcatlover put round one on.
I need help.... Have this gorgeous piece hanging on my wall and haven't a clue as to what it needs. I can't find 5 1/2 inch blocks that will compliment it.... any ideas? I need more than just a straight border but what type of piecing border should I do? Feed back would be greatly appreciated. I have found several 6 inch blocks but that's larger than what the rules call for.
Leota, just from taking a quick look at the center, my first thought was, I'd add a 5 1/2" border of one of the colors from the center and would skip the blocks and would use applique to provide "spice". I happen to love applique though and don't mind doing it but I know others don't always feel the same way. If I wasn't going to do applique, I would maybe add a piano key border using 2-3 of the colors from the center. It's so hard to say from looking at a picture though. I'd let the center hang on my wall for few days more and let her talk to you. You know she will eventually tell you what she wants next. Good luck!!! I'm on my way to town to check my mail box for a goody box from candlequilter!