View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 10:30 AM
stevendebbie25

Originally Posted by barbrose
ladies what is the name of a long arm that is highly recomened that does not give trouble?
I have a friend who gets to 'test drive' all long arm machines, and she does the huge long arm show in Baltimore MD each April, I've been asking her the same questions, and LOTs from everything I hear from everyone.
She is totally sold on Gammill, and the Inteliquilter computer system not the Statler that comes with Gammill.
I saw an impressive demo of the Prodagy long arm, love the table, and it can have Inteliquilter, but she shared that there were problems with delivery & parts missing.
We don't have any long arm dealers here, we have Baby Lock & Bernina's machines, but the big ones like Gammill or Tin lizzy or APQS, no one is near, Gammill is in MN from me in ND.

Test drive any machine, find out the responsiveness of the dealer, are they very helpful, or crabby? Do they do warrenty work? Set up machine? Prices are not cheep, and not to say other machines are also good. But I personally think, support service, lessons, set up, warrenty, and friendliness of dealer to support 'you' is important also. Then user friendly, you want a machine that has a 1 month learning curve, not 6 months and struggling. You want a machine that YOU can handle, some are great for programmed patterns, some don't do well with free motion quilting (heavy & bulky), so what do you want to do? Are you going into business? Bread & Butter is from pentos not free style, production makes the dollars. If this is just for yourself, a small/mid arm size, maybe a couple for friends..then Baby Locks current machine is very user friendly, buy extended warrenty.
DO test drive machine & dealer (support).