View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 01:39 PM
chiaraquilts

Hi all-
I bought my new Janome 7700 in July and have loved loved loved it- in fact just this morning was reassuring another board member about the effectiveness of the new 1/4" foot...

Did a bit of FMQ today, no problems, went to the ironing board for a few minutes, and noticed an icky "hot" smell- wasn't the iron- looked at my machine and the electronic screen was blank. Deep breath, turned it off, then on, and got an E4 error message, which according to the manual indicates a problem with the circuit and to bring it in for service.

I am going to bring it in in the morning- too late to go today- when I talked with them they said they had no idea what could be wrong, but sounds like the electronics are shot. From the smell, I think that is right. The machine is plugged into it's own surge protector, no lighting or power interruptions here....

So I just don't know what to expect tomorrow. The dealer is a well established one with a very good reputation, but I don't know if they will replace this machine or will I be in for a long stretch of ordering parts etc.? And how comfortable would you be with this machine being repaired instead of replaced?

Sorry this is so long, but I guess I am a little freaked out ...thanks for listening!