Old 11-08-2010, 02:39 PM
sew cornie

WOW!!!! Holy buckets, what a fantastic quilt show this is! Congratulations everyone for your outstanding work. What fun to go through these pages and see how far you have all come. Every one of these block sets has its own personality and character and is indescribably beautiful! I'M SO GLAD I JOINED THIS GROUP!! (she shouts silently so as not to scare her children) LOL. I have mine done through #24. One more to go, then I'll get to post too.

For those of you wondering about sashing and cornerstones, it's exactly like Sandpat says: lay them out on several different possibilities and see what works. A couple of weeks ago, I posted a thread with 5 color choices for mine and asked for opinions. What great input I received! I finally decided yesterday what my final choice will be, and it all came about because of the suggestions of others. It's a combination I wouldn't have thought of on my own and I really love it. You'll just have to wait until I finish block #25 for me to post my picture . . . :twisted: Like Dagny, I intend to cut and attach sashings as I go. Since I'm using the template method, the thought of having to do all the sashings and cornerstones at the end was awful. I'm glad to have that choice out of the way and can concentrate once again on the blocks.

I can't wait to see more block sets. Thank you all for sharing your pictures and for your positive encouragement of all the participants in this project. This group is awesome!