Old 11-08-2010, 04:07 PM
TexasGurl

Originally Posted by gypsyquilter
what ever happened to thanksgiving? Seems like this is now a forgotten holiday with stores rushing you to buy buy buy for that well known and over commercialized day in December. is it really necessary to have Christmas stuff in stores before Halloween is even over?

thanksgiving for me has always been one of my favorites, family, great food and a time for just being thankful for all of the wonderful things in your life.

let's bring thanksgiving back!
I SO AGREE!!!
By the time Christmas DOES arrive, I'm already tired of it!! I never decorate until the first week of Dec. and we're the last one on the block!
What's REALLY sad - we know quite a few people who have forgone all their Thanksgiving plans and dinners - to shop online or go camp out for the Black Friday hysteria! What message does THAT send to our children & grandchildren?? Crazed consumerism above ALL else - instead of a holiday spent at home with family & friends, let's all just sit at our computers or eat fast food & spend the night in parking lots!! CRAZY The end of civilization draws ever more near ... :(