Old 11-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by klgreene
I went to bed to early last night. But glad I saw this first thing today. These are just so neat. I have a question though, in your directions for the wing block. That ends up making 2 1/2" blocks which would make an 8" 4x4 block, right? I started making the wk 16 block yesterday, and my brain is still dead. Trying to make a 12" 4x4 block. I know if I just did sqaures, each sqaure would be 3 1/2", but the original cutting piece has to be larger, and the 30 degree temp is 3 in. Should I just add 1/2 all around or maybe make it 4" to start. Am I making any sense? Help.
Kl Did I send you a 3 1/2' template with a grid and a 4 1/2" with the 30 degree score?

You will need to cut your swatches 2 (for the body of the block) need to be 6 1/2" x 4" and the other 2 (the wings) need to be 6" x 2 3/4". You will still have a bit of leftover but you can recycle them.
Then the template to cut the actual block is a 3 1/2"

I guess I needed to actually do one of these. I thought I had the math figured out on them but it wasn't quite right. This time the numbers are right.

You will need the 3 1/2" and 4 1/2" and a 6 1/2" ruler. I don't send out the 6 1/2" as any ruler will work for that part. But if you need the other two let me know.