Old 11-09-2010, 10:01 AM
grammatjr

Recently my best friend died, but shortly before she did, she asked her family to give me a few things. Among them are some quilt panels, that she had hand embroidered around the flowers etc. She had put backing behind, and then stitched through the batting and top. I have some fabric that will be okay for the back.

But, my question is - how to do some quilting on this to hold all layers together? My first thought is to do some lattice work type quilting in the blue ring borders. Would that be enough?

I want something not too hard as I do not have time to work on this really. Another lady is taking our friend's death really hard and I asked her hubby if she might like a lap quilt mostly made by our friend - he cried (and he NEVER cries), he was so touched I would think of his wife. Suddenly I realized this other lady's birthday is Sunday.

So, I would like a quick way to finish up the quilt, without taking away from the beautiful hand embroidery.

this is just a yard or so across
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122389[/ATTACH]

This is where I was thinking a lattice quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122390[/ATTACH]

see her pretty embroidery?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122391[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-122384.jpe   attachment-122385.jpe   attachment-122386.jpe