View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 11:49 AM
deema

My mom has had an old Singer (not terribly old, but older than I am lol) in a cabinet that used to be my Grandmother's that was given to her when Granny inherited HER mother's newer machine (am I making sense? lol. She also has another machine in ANOTHER cabinet (don't know the brand) that my aunt gave to my mom years ago. Did I mention that my mother doesn't sew??

So now that I'm sewing/quilting, Mama is passing her two unused machines to ME! The cabinets will both need refurbishing, and there is a stool that comes with one of them that will also need some work, but both machines were in working order when last used (which was more than 20 years ago!! LOL). They'll definitely need a good cleaning and possibly a servicing (good thing there is a Singer dealer just around the corner from Mama's house!), and I will have THREE sewing machines instead of just the one I have...

AND I'm getting another, brand new machine for Christmas! Making a grand total of four machines. (We won't talk about the one Granny currently owns - in another cabinet -...but it will also be mine some day, hopefully in the very DISTANT future).

Wow, am I ever excited! Can't wait to get them here and crack into them! I'll post pics when they arrive in their new home!!