Old 11-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
I didn't get any done last night. I had to get all the pieces ready to applique to this IRR that I really need to get out this week. I recieved it very late...and I hate to take too long getting it done. I may have to take a short break from Jane to finish it.

Wil..I looked in the book about your printing issue...I didn't see anything about that. I will say though that in the quite a few of the last blocks...you can't print a foundation pattern...its not available. I printed those as blocks and then cut it into my own patterns. Sometimes I would have to print the blocks several times to get all the units that I needed. I was so used to the seam allowance being on the foundation patterns and I like it that way...so I would print more than one copy of the blocks. If its not that...you can email EQ..they are quick to help.

I don't have a clue how mine will go together after the quilting..I will be sewing it on the machine. I decided to do it this way because I've already tried quilting a little table runner made with the Jane blocks. It wasn't very large- yet it was really difficult for me to quilt it. So..I decided to give Lesley's method a try. I still may do the final QID by machine when I make the sandwich.

Keep plugging Kathy and Meredith!
I did consider doing the SID by machine Patti, and if I had, I wouldn't have done each individual square at a time, I was going to go down a whole row, just skipping over the sashing and starting again at the next block. Once all of those were done in one direction, then I was going to turn the quilt and do the other direction. I'll be interested to see what you decide to do when you get to that part.