Thread: Singer 503
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 05:15 PM
featherweight

Originally Posted by smitty
Originally Posted by featherweight
Well, I am wondering if I made a mistake for not buying a Singer 503 in cabinet this morning. Saw it at the thrift store and it had a couple of cams with it. Looked in very good shape. May go back later and get it. I usually can't decide while I am looking at it. Come home and think well, I'll go back, if it is still there I was ment to have it . If it is gone then I didn't really have room for it anyway...Oh by the way, Price: $12.95.
check if the door hinge has been glued, etc. these break really easy & very expensive to replace. (usually buy another donor machine) they are great machines & that is a price to jump on. can't remember if you have to have cams to do the stitches. maybe is the 500 that does not need cams. you can get extra cams on eBay. be sure the bobbin case is with it also.
Yes, I checked and there is about 4 cams and the one that is in the machine. I am sure it will be gone beings I want it now. And the lid is on. There is no scratches on this machine either. Wish me luck...