View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 10:40 PM
stevendebbie25

Customer service is more important than a sale or what's in the store. Also, a good customer. I hate when people come into any business, and no matter what the bad experience, make it worse. I used to think it was just the employee's fault, until I realized once that she had personal problems happen. Still, maybe she should have gone home, or called in. And then, she was maybe needing the pay, they couldn't find someone to work her shift, or something happened that she couldn't leave. Always circumstances beyond what we're knowing. I think if someone is simply grumpy and hard on customers, any business will not keep them around. But I like to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, at least once. Then if I return and have problems again, I'll seek out the manager/owner and discretely explain. If they have a nasty attitude as well, then I'm sorry, but I tend to "warn" friends and family about that business.
I'm glad you returned, even if in need, they got a second chance. We have Hobby Lobby near and the manager there NEEDS to be removed, they have horrible employee turn around, and I reported him to corporate. If they care, change will happen. Sometimes, it's not a good fit, worker and job. I do not buy from Hobby Lobby because of him. I will in other towns, but not here, and yes, I know he's still working. One of my favorite quilt shops also has an owner with attitude, won't return. She actually yelled at a customer, the other 6 customers in store, looked at each other and walked out, me among them, and I wasn't the one being yelled at. "She didn't have time for this lady to make up her mind", the lady had several bolts of fabric...no time? Then what are you in business for?
Customer service IS your business.