Old 11-10-2010, 09:17 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I have the treadle that your machine would fit into sitting in my garage. I was thinking about tearing down and painting the irons and restore the cabinet for resale. It is really neat how it all works and the way the machine raises when you lift the lid and the front folds in so you can sit and sew.

Oh and all those cracks in the japan is really in the shellac or varnish that is protecting the decals. It is called crazing and you can go ahead and clean the entire machine with the GoJo and polish it with the Liquid Gold.

Billy

I saw online a Two Spools in a machine like what you describe. Since my cowboy, Mr. Two Spools, is weathered and rugged, I will just keep him in the cabinet that my husband has cleverly engineered. There is something about the character of this machine. It may be that he has been living in dust for so long that I see no need to make his life comfy and perfect now. Mr. Two Spools looks very happy in his new setting- and he should be since he is sitting by two gorgeous ladies. Thanks for the information on the cleaning of the shellac. This may be it for his cleaning since his imperfections and blemishes are all part of his character. :)