View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Charla

Ok so where do I start....I stated with a medim weight interfacing and drew my design....if you find something you like you could proably trace it on there..... then after you have done that fuse it to your material. Next I put a rayon pretty tread in my bobbin and sewed the outline only( so it was upside down when I was sewing. layer from bottom to top. bottom was fadric and top was interfacing, this was also done on free motion). then after I had my outline on there I turned the material so it the was placed with fadric on top and interfacing on the bottom, and then just colored it whit my tread. I would sugjest something small maybe a flower or a fish...find some thread rayon seems to work best and color it. when picking the thread colors use some that blend good...suck as light pink, dark pink and maybe red. something to think about when coloring with the thread if you do a flower start from the center and work your way out to give the flower a more realistic look. or if your doing a stem imagine how the texture would look and use the free motion in those directions. I would think that maybe if you search thread painting on the net you should be able to find something...and don't get overwhelmed...when you think you have added enough thread add more! then your done. and if you make a mistake it's ok cuz you cover it with more thread. I hope I'm able to answer your quesions...I would love to see what you all come up with!!!

Cheers