View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 07:24 PM
MistyMarie

We have had a leaking waterline from our refridgerator for a couple of months. Our new neighbor (who co-owns a plumbing and heating company) came over to look at it and said he would send one of his plumbers over. Well, today he came over at 3:30PM to replace the line that was leaking. He removed the plastic line and then put in a copper line. When he was attaching the copper line to my refridgerator, he screwed in a clamp to the back to hold the line in place. A slow hiss started. He had punctured the freon tank and out went all the gas. He felt terrible. He said his company would pay to get it fixed, but when I spoke to a technician on the phone, he said I probably would have to get a new refridgerator. My extended warranty is now void, too. Even if I get a new fridge, I won't be able to get it transferred over. Thankfully, the plumber took full responsibility and I won't be the one buying a new fridge, but they BETTER replace mine with the same model (or better!)

Now, I have over 20 people coming over Saturday at noon for my daughter's 6th birthday party. We will have 11 kindergartners in my house, along with my MIL, my two SILs, my neice and nephew, and two of my friends. So, now I have no refridgerator, my kitchen is a mess (from all the junk I had to take off the top of the fridge and the floor that needs to be mopped from all the water and melting stuff out of my freezer. I am hours behind on getting everything clean for the party and I have to work the next two days. I just want to cry. I threw out most of what was in my fridge because all I have is a small beverage fridge in the basement. I put milk for the kids and a few items I didn't want to have to replace, like cheese and meat. Fortunately I have an upright freezer in my garage, so I was able to move most of my freezer food into there. Still, that took precious time.

I just hope I don't have to take off work to get this rectified. I also don't want to have a bad relationship with the neighbor over this.

I tell you, every time my dh leaves on deployment or training, some major appliance in the house dies. Once it was my furnace, in February, in Colorado. Not a good thing.