View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Ramona Byrd

[quote=Susan49]:You mean that robots don't make that noise???? Tell the kids that you forgot to oil them before you sewed them on. My big question is WHY are you hand appliquing robots on a quilt for children?
---------------------------------
My daughter teaches right outside Ft. Hood, Texas and a lot of the kids are Army brats, as was her own. Sometimes the kids are kinda traumatized, Mom or Dad or both have to go somewhere else and they really need a big, long hug, but that is forbidden by school rules. So they need a small quilt to wrap up in and be able to sit next to either Fred or Ethel, whom they love. Fred and Ethel are life sized adult skeletons..and Ethel has her own story. Seems that two kids were fighting about sitting beside Ethel so DD grabbed her and hung her in the closet. Next came in the principle with a visiting Mr. Big, who of course zeroed in on Fred. He asked one little boy and got told "We have two of them but Ethel is in the closet and Mrs. G said that she had to stay there and won't let her come out"!!

Principle asked Mrs G to please explain that. which she did to giggles from every one of the adults, with interested kids watching in wide eyed confusion.

I'll be darn glad to finish that small quilt, hopefully in time for Christmas. And I'm not even talking about the ice cream quilt for another daughter..that one has already made me gain 4 or 5 pounds during the making of the cones alone.