Thread: Tying a quile
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:13 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

most of the quilts my little sewing group ties are tied with perle cotton. and we have tied king sized quilts on down to baby quilts. the size of the quilt has nothing to do with the tying process. the batting is the important factor. you have to make sure the batting you purchase says on the package (good for tyed quilts) or ones with scrim that you can quilt upto 10" apart (but the ties should be about 4" apart in all directions...that means wherever you place your fist there should be a tie...top/bottom/side to side.

Originally Posted by Patched
I want to know what you use to tie a quilt, embroidery floss, yarn or what. Also how big is to big to tie a quilt, is 73 x 92 to big to tie or what is the biggest size. Also I have signed up twice at JoAnn's and still have not received any thing on the computer or in the mail. No coupons, no newsletters or no fliers in the mail. What do I need to do? Thank you all for your help with my questions, but most of all thank you for sharing all of your projects and all of the helpful advice. I also like the fact that you treat everyone alike, that no question is to dumb. Thanks, again.