Thread: Tying a quile
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 09:40 AM
greaterexp

Originally Posted by Patched
I want to know what you use to tie a quilt, embroidery floss, yarn or what. Also how big is to big to tie a quilt, is 73 x 92 to big to tie or what is the biggest size. Also I have signed up twice at JoAnn's and still have not received any thing on the computer or in the mail. No coupons, no newsletters or no fliers in the mail. What do I need to do? Thank you all for your help with my questions, but most of all thank you for sharing all of your projects and all of the helpful advice. I also like the fact that you treat everyone alike, that no question is to dumb. Thanks, again.
I had the same problem with JoAnn's, but when I asked at the store, they said they were notoriously slow. Mine came after three months from when I signed up. The gals did let me use the coupons anyway, when I asked.

I haven't had very good success with tying quilts. I found that if I tried to wash the items, even by hand, the batting invariably shifted. I had used a good batting that was not supposed to need close quilting.