View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 02:42 PM
abacus

Krazy Quilter

Don't let her get to you. I guess I'm lucky. My LQS DOES have c;lasses in hand piecing and hand quilting. In fact, there is a new method out by the Thimblelady on how to quilt without pricking your finger. The hand piecing class usually uses the Grandmother's Flower Garden hexagons to teach the technique.

However, as Contrary Mary said, Jenny Byer is very well know for her hand piecing. She says she doesn't have time to go sit at a machine. But she always has something bagged up (in a ziploc bag) ready to grab on her way out the door to work on.

I'm also doing a Grandmother's Flower Garden for that reason. As I sit and listen during seminars, I am able to stay awake and alert if I have something to do with my hands.

Check out Jenny Byers site. I have her book, and there's really nothing to learn about hand piecing EXCEPT sewing from 'dot to dot'. Jenny has a good book on the subject of hand piecing if you're interested.

I haven't really gotten to the hand quilting yet (haven't actually finished a quilt), but I intend to hand quilt most, if not all, of my quilts.