Thread: Ugly Quilt
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Skeat

Okay...poke me in eye w/a needle..for I don't think that is ugly at all!! I'd stand in an auction to buy it!! I see art...history in fabric...and I'd study it in trying to understand what you were thinking on placements, etc. I have a quilt that I thought was soooo ugly for years and years. It was many moons ago and I tried to quilt by hand (self taught)only to have someone tear me up about it...so sent all of it to my grandmother half finished..then she put it on the ugliest pink fabric made on earth. What I sent her was blue/white print fabric. I look at this quilt now and realize for the first time in my life that my grandmother was an artist. For real!! The imagination she had in the placement of my blocks, etc has me awe struck!! It really didn't dawn on me till I had it hanging on the clotheline to air and when retrieving it, I realized right then....wow! There really isn't an ugly quilt....I just don't believe it. Not even close w/this one!! Skeat........who recognizes that fabrics change at the same time our tastes might:))