View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Rettie V. Grama

ve a daughter who is left handed. She crochets, sews, writes, you name it left handed. She also mirrors images. Just recently she put up new drapes in her home. She handles the ones that started on the left, but I had to stand and show her what to do on the ones that started on the right.

That was even confusing to me who does things with both hands and mirrored immages. I can imagine how confusing it would be to another person.

Originally Posted by carhop
Originally Posted by LadyJrhi
My stupid human trick is that I mirror what I see...like I look at the pattern and the pictures and then do it completely backwards. Others don't really know it but it bothers the heck out of me! It is especially aggravating with putting together any sewing project that is supposed to have a "flap" on one side...it ends up on the wrong side! I am aware of it and try very hard not to do it but end up doing it anyway! It made learning to knit very difficult. I am right handed but my stitches look like they were done left handed...quilting is not as bad because I can blow uo a full color picture and lay it out on top and sew it piece by piece...I almost cut the angle backwards on half of the diamonds in my avatar.
I like the comments saying to leave the paper and tell the kids it is the robots. :) Very creative!
I am also right Handed and sew like a left handed person would you should see me knit (could never get the hang of it intill a left hander showed me how)it sure leads to ripping things out a lot so I do a lot of dumb things and drive any one watching me crazy they want to show me how to do it right.