Old 11-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Debbie B

Originally Posted by hazeljane
Ok- I took all the advice I have gotten over what it is I really should be looking for in a back-up heavy duty machine. It seems like the consensus is a 15-91 will sew multi-layers and handbags with no problem at all.

I've also had a couple of people recommend a 201??

(Secretly, I really, really want a 15-125 because I love love love the mint green, but can't justify the boost in cost. Damn it.)

So, what does the 201 get me that the 15-91 doesn't. Or vice-versa?

You guys rock!
Well, you just made me feel really good. I bought a 15-125 off craigslist a few days ago. I had never heard of them before. I was looking for a 15-91 when I came across a picture of a cute green sewing machine. I didn't know anything about the 15-125 & posted pictures (with questions) before I bought it on this board. Thank goodness for this board and the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop. They gave me enough info to go out & look at it. It worked like a charm. I have it at a repair shop now to be cleaned, oiled & greased. I can't wait to get it home & sew with it. So...the 15-125's are out there. I paid $60 for mine & even adding the $65 to get it serviced I think I got a good deal.