Thread: Quilting Frames
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Janeen
Banned

well, I have the little gracie ii which I've only been using this month and I'm very happy with it....
I'm sure there are more elaborate frames out there but this one suits the purpose, is easy to use, etc etc
and for the price I paid as a 'package' with the Bailey, it was very reasonable.

they sell a fourth rail for batting for $70 - I found a heavy-duty drapery rod on the markdown at wallyworld for $15

It comes with enough 'tubing' (you'll see what I mean if you get the frame) for a crib size quilt - I got more in the fish department at wallyworld for something like $2.40 - enough for queen size

I had to send in my warranty card in order to get my clamps/bungee cords - they still aren't here - so I got some clamps for $1.09 each at Harbor Freight and - you guessed it - some bungee cords at wallyworld - total cost about $8 - they sell extra clamps for something ridiculous like $35 on the website

they don't really mention how to fasten down the pantographs in the booklet - we got some 50 cent rulers again at wallyworld, some tablecloth clear plastic, hubby drilled holes in the rulers to line up with the holes already in the 'bed' of the frame and we fastened the top of the plastic down - now to use a pantograph I just slide the paper under the plastic

we are definitely keeping the wooden frame carriage - I got a clamp on lamp - yep wallyworld and stuck it on top of the carriage frame... lots cheaper than the $23 light on the website

I also fixed the machine foot control (did not use the Rube Goldberg arrangement that Grace has) on the back of the carriage with velcro and use 'thumb' power to run the machine for pantograms (the Bailey comes with one set of handles/on-off etc that I keep on the front)

We put a spiral light bulb in the lamp - stays cool....
here's a picture showing the foot pedal, lamp...

foot pedal bottom left, light top right
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2179[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-2179.jpe