View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Feathers

I wanted to bring this recipe up to the top using the Won Ton Noodles gain as I read that someone was looking for a poppers recipe. This recipe is a variation that is very easy, quick and tastes exactly like the poppers with the cream cheese. I also make the regulary POPPERS and the following will help you make these. Both are quick, easy and Yummy.

I do the Won Ton Noodle version with Philly Cream cheese, crumbled crispy bacon, cheddar or any kind of cheese that you like. Wrap the noodles around, using a bit of water to "seal" the seams and deep fry.

When making the regular POPPERS I like to fill the Jalapeno's with peanutbutter and dip the peppers in a Bisquick batter (like for pancakes) and deep fry.

To prepare the Jalapenos I choose peppers with a stem as this makes it easier to dip in the hot grease and I ALWAYS make a slit on the side of the pepper that the stem points so when eating the pepper you know where the slit is and have it facing up so when you bite into the pepper you aren't squirting cheese all over your clothes. Peppers are WHOLE, not cut in half.

Slit the Peppers and put them on a microwaveable plate and microwave the peppers until almost soft. Let cool a bit then with 1/4 tsp. measuring spoon, scoop the seeds and membrane out of the pepper. Peppers are whole but have been cleaned out.

Fill the whole pepper with peanutbutter or with a mixture of softened cream cheese mixed with bacon bits. Dip in pancake flour mixture and deep fry. Wonderful!!!!

The Peanutbutter variety in the WHOLE Pepper Poppers is my favorite. When I mixed the peanutbutter with a bit of cream cheese for the Won Ton version I didn't care for it as much. I thought maybe I might try just mixing the chopped up peppers and cheddar with the peanutbutter and trying that but i haven't done this yet.